THE FEDERATION OF DON BOSCO ALUMNI IN THE PHILIPPINES
The Past Pupil is a person who has attended a Salesian institute: Oratory, school ... even if he/she then forgets and prescinds from Salesian educative values.
OBJECTIVES and ACTIVITIES
- to preserve, deepen and implement the Salesian educative principles received: in particular the defense and promotion of the value of the person and of the family
- cultural, social, moral and religious development, particularly with regard to young people living in poverty and in difficult circumstances, and consistent with the education received;
- to foster the participation of young past pupils in the activities of the Salesian volunteers, in perspective of missionary commitment
- recognizes the Rector Major as the father and center of unity in the Salesian Family and, as successor of Don Bosco, considers him as the primary reference point of the association;
- complete ecumenical openness. It collaborates with other civil associations and movements;
- provides for the presence within the association of priests who are past pupils.
COMMITMENT OF THE PAST PUPILS
- this goes from the simple human commitment to religious commitment in the Church.